Chaos Rankings

Monday, October 16, 2006

Heisman Hype

Based on ESPN's Heisman poll, I can only conclude that the entire sports world has lost it's collective mind. True, Garret Wolfe had a bad game being held to 42 rushing yards. But someone explain to me how Calvin Johnson is #2? He didn't even play this week! Brady Quinn didn't play and he's #4? Steve Slaton and Ted Ginn had huge games, so did Chad Henne. I don't get it. Also, why isn't Boise State's Ian Johnson getting any consideration at all? Has no one watched him play? Dude's an absolute beast. It takes an entire defensive unit to bring him down, and he's still going to outmuscle them for the first down before that happens. It's not like he plays for medicore Northern Illinois either, he plays for an undefeated team with a very very good shot at a BCS game. Did everyone just panic when Adrian Peterson broke his collarbone and go "oh crap, I don't know who to vote for now, um, Troy Smith and um, I'll just randomly pick some players I've heard of before." Craziness. I mean, don't get me wrong, "go CJ #21!!!" and all, but let's be realistic here folks. If he puts up huge numbers en route to a win over Clemson, I think #2 is probably justified, but right now, not so much.

1 Comments:

  • Seriously, I think I'm going to start an Ian Johnson for Heisman campaign, who wants to help?

    He's two yards shy of breaking 1000 rushing yards on the season, only PJ Hill and Garrett Wolfe have more total rushing yards, he's tied with Javorskie Lane and James Davis for the most rushing touchdowns, he's in the top 10 in every rushing statistic, he's had 4 100+ yard games, including a 240 yard effort against the Beavers, and he has yet to let the ball jump out of his hands. Ture, he's not much of a receiver, but neither are Garrett Wolfe (except against Ohio State), Steve Slaton, or Ray Rice. Mike Hart is only good for maybe one or two a game for short yardage. Also, Johnson's team is still undefeated. True, he doesn't play in a BCS conference, but if you're going to give Garrett Wolfe consideration while he plays in the MAC, I think you absolutely have to consider Ian Johnson playing in the WAC. At least CBS Sportsline is getting the picture.

    By Blogger Rev. Adam, at 10/17/2006 12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home