Chaos Rankings

Monday, December 14, 2009

A Gross Miscarriage of Justice

If you thought F$U heading to the Gator bowl over Miami, Clemson, and Boston College was an egregious affront to superior teams who earned better bowls but didn't get them, or Notre Dame refusing to play in a bowl game because they suck so badly was just like a sore loser taking the ball and going home, then imagine my outrage at a 5-7 Iowa State being invited to a bowl game! A few years back, there was a scenario whereby a Big 12 North team could win the conference but still have a losing record overall, and they would have needed an NCAA waiver to allow them to to play in their guaranteed BCS game despite not being qualified. I believe it was K-State and they were demolished by either Texas or Oklahoma, so it became a non-factor. But I distinctly recall Nebraska playing Texas this year, so what the hell is going on with the Cyclones?!?!
Turns out the gross miscarriage in question was something more along the lines of miscarrying a 1. To be more clear, I fat-fingered some numbers during data entry. After re-checking my numbers from all previous weeks, it turns out I also gave Ole Miss a bonus they didn't deserve. However, I think that messing up 2 games out of 700 something I a pretty good success rate. Anyway, see below for what I actually messed up. I'm not going to recalculate the ranking for those weeks unless I get a specific request to do so. I'm only going to recalculate the final pre-bowl rankings and repost them. At this point, it shouldn't affect much in the rankings besides those 4 teams positions. My bad Cyclones and Bulldogs.

Errata:
  • Week 11 - Colorado at Iowa State. Final score was entered as 10-10 instead of 10-17, all other stats correct for the game. Away team is checked as winner first, resulting in the Buffs being assigned an unearned win and the Cyclones being handed an undeserved loss.

  • Week 13 - Mississippi at Mississippi State. Final score was entered as 27-27 instead of 27-41, all other stats correct for the game. Away team is checked as winner first, resulting in The Rebels being assigned an unearned win and the Bulldogs being handed an undeserved loss.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home